CPD Carnets

CPD Carnets

What is a CPD Carnet and how can it be used?

CPD Carnets (Carnet de Passage en Douane) allow the use under temporary admission of the following vehicle types (both commercial and private), into certain non-EU countries:

  • Road going motor vehicles
  • Motorbikes
  • Trailers
  • Registered motorsport vehicles transported by trailer


The use of CPD Carnets are for people that are not usually resident in the destination country. CPD Carnets are not required for the temporary import of non-EU motor vehicles into the UK but may be required in some EU countries for certain categories of vehicles. Any vehicle covered by a CPD Carnet cannot be hired, loaned, abandoned or otherwise disposed of without the prior approval of both the issuing association and the customs authority of the country visited.

If the vehicle is intended to be used in other non-EU countries, the customs authority in that country should be contacted to confirm their requirements. For vehicles exported for temporary use outside of the EU, a CPD Carnet issued in the UK will cover the vehicle's use in the non-EU countries visited where those countries accept CPD Carnets.

How can I obtain a CPD Carnet?

Unfortunately we at Delivered on Time are not able to issue a CPD Carnet (also known as FIA/AIT Carnets) as they must be issued by a nominated supplier affiliated to either the Alliance International de Tourisme (AIT) or the Federation Internationale de l'Automobile (FIA). You can find more information about issuing agents on their respective websites http://ait-touringalliance.com & http://www.fia.com